Last Updated/Effective Date: November 8, 2023
We are pleased that you have elected to visit our website (the “Website”). Intelligent Research Group (“Company,” “we,” “us” or “IRG”) and its Affiliates and Brands respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your Personal Information (defined below). “Affiliates” are companies that are controlled or owned by us, or companies that control us, or are under common control with us, or manage us or are our Brands.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect a range of Personal Information through our Website. “Personal Information” means information that uniquely identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
The types of Personal Information we collect may include:
- Contact Information – If you submit an inquiry, register for an account, request a free demo, or provide information on our Website we may collect your contact information. This may include your name, address, email address, demographic information, and phone / mobile number or social media profile information (e.g., LinkedIn profile).
- Usage Information – When you use our Website, our servers may automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (IP Address), geolocation of your device, browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Website), domain names associated with your internet service provider, or other information regarding your interaction with the Website.
- Communication Information – We may collect the contents of your communications with us, whether via e-mail, social media, telephone or otherwise, and inferences we may make from other Personal Information we collect. Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect and maintain records of calls and chats with our agents, representatives, or employees via message, chat, post, or similar functionality,
How We Collect Your Personal Information
- Directly From You – For example, if you voluntarily choose to contact us, create an account, request information from us, link or login with your social media accounts, or complete one of our Surveys.
- From Third Parties – For example, we may work with business partners, subcontractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, who may provide us with Personal Information about you.
Use of Your Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with materials, information, and services such as our Website to you;
- respond to your inquiries or otherwise contact you in connection with our provision of services;
- inform you of future research opportunities that you may be eligible to participate in;
- provide notice of and/or resolve any problems that may arise in connection with our services;
- better understand the needs and interests of our customers;
- analyze the success of our products, services, and Website;
- operate and manage the Website’s functionality;
- improve, enhance, and personalize the Website experience and customize the content on our Website,
- protect or enforce our legal rights;
- comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations;
- fulfill customer or respondent requests or provide support and maintain the Website;
- to protect the security and integrity of the Website and investigate potentially unlawful activity;
- develop new services and research opportunities;
- communicate with you about Company-related and/or industry-related events, or opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- meet our contractual requirements; and
- the extent necessary for any other lawful purpose for which your Personal Information may be processed.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, which are companies controlled or owned by us, or companies that control us, or are under common control with us, or that manage our brand label (“Affiliates”), but your Personal Information will not be shared by us or our Affiliates with third parties without your express consent.
- Business Clients. We will not share or disclose your Personal Information to our or our Affiliates’ clients, for whom we conduct research, except in anonymized form, without your prior express consent.
- Disclosure for Marketing Purposes. The Company does not sell or share users’ Personal Information, including but not limited to e-mail addresses, with third parties for marketing or for their own proprietary purposes (including our clients) unless the Company first obtains your express consent. We may disclose aggregated statistics about visitors to the Website, along with anonymous information concerning individual users of the Website.
Cookies and Device Identification Data
When you access the Website, we may automatically receive some information about your use of the Website. The type of information that may be automatically collected by us includes such things as the date and time of access of the Website, the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer that you are using, the domain and host from which you access the Internet, your browser software and operating system, the referring website address, and the specific activities you are engaged in while visiting the Website.
Cookies, Web Beacons, Google Analytics
The Website may make use of “cookies” - small data files which we may send to your computer on the basis of the information that we have collected about your visit. They contain information allowing us to recognize when you are visiting the Website and to keep track of your preferences. The Website may also use “web beacons”: small strings of code that provide a graphic image that surveys visitors’ internet activity. Using cookies and web beacons, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Cookies are stored in your computer’s browser or on your hard disk and can then be retrieved by the website.
We offer you choices about the collection of information on our Website. The Company adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. If you decide you do not want to receive personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks, please visit www.AboutAds.info/choices
, where you can learn more about opting out from receiving interest-based advertising from third-party advertisers and ad networks.
If you want to delete any cookies that were already sent to your computer or personal device, please refer to your web browser’s “Help” facility. In addition, most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the “Help” facility provided with your browser. Please note that if you disable cookies you may not be able to take advantage of some of the Website’s interactive functionality. Certain web browsers provide users with an option by which you may have your browser send a “Do Not Track” signal to the website that you are visiting, advising the recipient website that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. However, the way browsers communicate such “Do Not Track” signals is not yet uniform and accordingly, we do not take any action in response to such signals at this time. In the event a final standard is developed and accepted, we may reassess how we should respond to such signals.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in the “Use of Your Personal Information” Section, or for any longer period required by law or a business need. Once it is no longer necessary to retain your Personal Information, we will destroy, erase, or anonymize your Personal Information. Once anonymized, such information cannot be used to identify you.
Your U.S. Privacy Rights
Depending on where you live in the United States, you may have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- Access: You may have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you and to access such data.
- Data portability: You may have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information in a portable and readily usable format.
- Deletion: You may have the right to delete your Personal Information that we have obtained, subject to certain exceptions.
- Correction: You may have the right to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- Opt out of certain processing: You may have the right to opt out of the processing of your information for purposes of (a) targeted advertising, (b), the sale of your Personal Information; or (c) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effect concerning you.
If you wish to exercise any of the privacy rights afforded to you in this Section, please see the “Exercising Your U.S. Privacy Rights” section below. Depending on where you are located, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning your Personal Information. We encourage you to reach out to us first, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly.
Exercising your U.S. Privacy Rights
. For clarity, your eligibility for participation in Research will be assessed according to the Research Terms, not your decision to exercise any privacy rights you may have.
Verification: We may need to verify your identity in order to respond to a rights request. If you are an authorized agent making an opt-out request on behalf of an individual, we may also need to verify the identity and authority of that agent. If we request, you must provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity and/or authority to act on behalf of the individual. In general, we may ask you to provide Personal Information that we already maintain about you or we may use a third-party verification service. In either event, we will try to avoid asking you for sensitive Personal Information to verify your identity.
Additionally, you will need to describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to review, understand, assess, and respond. Personal Information collected from an individual to determine whether a request is a verifiable consumer request may not be used or disclosed for any other purpose except as required by law.
We will respond to rights requests within the time required by applicable law. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we may deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
If we cannot verify your identity or confirm the Personal Information that relates to you, we may deny the request and inform you of the reason in writing. We may also deny certain requests, or only fulfill some in part, as permitted or required by law. For example, if you request to delete Personal Information, we may retain Personal Information that we need to retain for legal purposes.
If your request is denied, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “Appeal” and attach the communication from Us explaining why we were unable to fulfill your request as well as your response to the reason we provided for not fulfilling your request. You may contact the appropriate data protection authority or other government agency regarding any complaints you may have with respect to the exercise of your rights.
Protection and Security of Information
The Company maintains reasonable standards of confidentiality and security for the Website and the Personal Information collected from the Website. Based on the risk or sensitivity of the Personal Information, we use appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect the security, availability, and integrity of Personal Information. However, despite these efforts, it is not possible to guarantee complete security and it is possible that someone may intercept or access communications, transmissions and/or Personal Information. You acknowledge that the security of the Personal Information you provide through the Website to us cannot be guaranteed. To the fullest extent permitted at law, the Company shall not accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorized access to, your Personal Information.
Links to Other Website and Services
From time to time, the Website may contain links to other websites and/or social media sites or pages, and other websites that are not controlled and/or maintained by us (collectively, “Other Websites”). Please be aware that these Other Websites may have different privacy policies which may subject you to different privacy practices. Please review the privacy policies of such Other Websites for information concerning their privacy practices. The Company is not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of any linked website or any link on a linked website.
If you sign up to receive text/SMS messages, emails, push notifications, or other electronic communications (“Electronic Communications”) from us about the Website or our services, you may opt out of receiving any future Electronic Communications from us at any time by using our “unsubscribe” link in any electronic communication you receive, by unsubscribing here
, or by contacting us using the the Contact Us page
. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain correspondence, we may still need to contact you with important transactional or administrative information, as permitted by law.
The Company does not knowingly collect or maintain any Personal Information from children under the age of 16, and no part of any of the Website is designed with the purpose of attracting such children. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information. We do not sell or share the Personal Information of children under the age of 16.
International Use of the Services
The Website and our services are intended only for users in the United States and its territories and possessions, but if you access the Website or use our services from any country outside the United States, the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries, and by visiting the Website or using our services, you consent to these transfers as required or permitted by applicable law.
Individuals in the European Union, European Economic Area, and United Kingdom
Legal Basis for Processing
The Company may process your Personal Data as described in the “Use of Your Personal Information” Section above because it is necessary to: (a) fulfill a contract between you and us; (b) comply with our legal obligations; and/or (c) pursue our legitimate business needs.
The Company does not process Personal Data for the purpose of marketing our own products and services without first obtaining your express, opt-in consent or having a legitimate interest for doing so. You have the right to object to the processing of Personal Data for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Sensitive Personal Data
“Sensitive Personal Data” is any data that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, moral or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, political views, the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of identifying a person, and data concerning health or a person’s sex life and/or sexual orientation. We only collect and process your Sensitive Personal Data according to your express consent, which may be freely withdrawn at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless we ask for your express consent, please refrain from sending us any Sensitive Personal Data.
Automated Decision Making
The Company does not make any automated decisions on your behalf or about you without first obtaining your express consent. In the event we secure your consent to do so, you have the right to object to the processing of Personal Data via automated decision making at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Transfers to Third Parties and Countries
Personal Data that we collect or receive may be transferred to and/or processed by third parties that are located outside of the EU, EEA, UK or Switzerland, some of which the relevant data protection authorities may not consider to have an adequate level of protection for Personal Data. The Company will only transfer data subject’s Personal Data to third parties located outside of the EU, EEA, UK, or Switzerland when it has ensured appropriate safeguards for such Personal Data through use of the standard contractual clauses or other approved methods by the EU, EEA, UK, or Switzerland.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Union, European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you may have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information.
- Request correction of your Personal Information.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information.
To exercise your rights, please submit a request to us firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on where you are located, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning your Personal Information. We encourage you to first reach out to us so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
# # # # # # # # #